Saturday, August 6, 2016

Welcome!

Hi all,

Welcome to the Taylor Library website. This year is going to be awesome and I can't wait to keep you all posted on what we're up to here in the library!

I wanted to start by introducing myself as this is my first year at Taylor Elementary. My name is Mrs. Riley and this is my 11th year in education. I taught 2nd grade in Cedar Hill for 5 years, then moved on to become a librarian spanning a few school districts, and encompassing all grade levels. This will be my first year in Frisco ISD. I have a sweet family, my husband Chris, who teaches Physics and coaches swimming at Heritage High School, and our three littles, who all attend Sem Elementary: Faith (10 years old), Samantha (8 years old), and Aaron (7 years old). They keep us super busy, but they're always good for a laugh!

I graduated from The University of North Texas in 2005 with a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies, and I loved UNT so much I went back and graduated in 2011 with my Master's degree in Library Science. When I'm not shuttling my kiddos to softball or swim practice, I love reading, baking, and relaxing with a cup of coffee. I feel super blessed to be part of the Taylor family and look forward to exciting library adventures with everyone.

Check back soon to see what's happening in the library.


No comments:

Post a Comment